Full-Time Carpenter – Steel Framer
Sunco Drywall Ltd, an established and reputable Construction Company seeks an experienced Carpenter – Steel Framer to add to our team.
Permanent – Full-time position
$35/hour, 40 hours/wk.
Number of position to fill:
Competitive wages, medical and dental benefits, opportunities to advance within the company.
Sunco Drywall Ltd.
Camosun College, Interurban Campus 4437 Interurban Road
Work Location Information:
Various locations in Greater Victoria, BC
- Must have at least one (1) year of experience in all aspects of General Carpentry, from walls to fancy ceiling framing, t-bar ceilings, drywall, etc.
- Must have at least one (1) year of experience and skills in working from blueprints or instructions from supervisors, in layout—measuring, marking, and arranging materials—in accordance with local building codes.
- Must be able to work with little to no supervision.
- Attention to detail with good planning and managing skills are required.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work with hand and power carpentry tools saw, drills, sanders, nail guns, as circular saw, mitre saw, table saw, nail guns and etc.
- Must have proven ability in deficiency repair
- Ability to repair and replace drywall.
- Precision paint experience and ability to cut a clean line is essential.
- Must have valid driver’s license and be willing to travel.
- Must undergo a criminal background check.
- Maintain, repair and renovate commercial buildings, hospitals, and other establishments.
- Read and interpreter blueprints, drawings and sketches
Perform Layouts in conformance to building codes
- Measure, cut, shape, assemble and join materials
- Build foundations; install beams, subflooring ad erect walls
- Fit and install trim such as doors stairs, moulding and hardware
At least 1 year experience
Tools, Steel-toed safety boots, Hard hat, Safety glasses/goggles
Own transportation, must have valid driver’s license and be willing to travel
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
Large workload, physically demanding, handling heavy loads, bending, crouching, kneeling, combination of sitting, standing, walking
Work Site Environment
At heights, Noisy, Dusty
Accurate, Team player, Reliability
Major Work Area
Prepare layouts in conformance to building codes, using measuring tools, measure, cut, shape, assemble and join materials made of wood, wood substitutes, lightweight steel and other materials, deficiency repair.
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.)
Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS) Certificate, Fall Arrest Protection Training Course, First Aid training an asset.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to [email protected].
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply, however; Canadian Citizens and Permanent Residents will be given priority.